Guide to Selling Your Arizona Land for a Fair Price
Selling your Arizona land can be an overwhelming task with many decisions that need to be made before the property ever hits the market. The first major decision is HOW you are going to sell it. In my experience, there are four basic ways to go about selling your Arizona land:
- Sell it yourself “For Sale by Owner”
- List it with a local Realtor
- Sell it to a developer
- Work with a professional real estate investor
Every situation is unique and every property has its own personality, the key is identifying what selling solution fits best for you based on your needs. Below is a brief overview of the pros and cons of each method.
Selling It On Your Own
- You control everything
- You set your own price
- No fees to agents or realtors
- Numerous calls from Real Estate Agents trying to get you to list the property
- Unqualified buyers that think they can buy a property out of their price range
- Potential legal issues by using the wrong contract or not disclosing something you need to
- Maintaining the property while it sits on the market
- Marketing expenses
Listing With A Local Realtor
- Have a licensed agent to guide you through the process
- Increased marketing exposure through MLS
- Mostly pre-qualified buyers looking at the property
- Pre-existing contacts (title companies, surveyors, etc)
- One point of contact
- Land can be on the market for months
- Long escrow if new buyer needs a loan
- Additional fees to Realtor
- Land needs to be in good condition to get top dollar
Selling To A Developer
- Will pay at or over market value for the land
- Can close quickly and will buy the property “As-Is”
- Very few properties meet their buying criteria
Selling To An Experienced Real Estate Investor
- When you work with me, you’re already working with the buyer
- I will purchase the property “As-Is”
- I can close on your time table—as quickly or drawn out as you need
- I’m an experienced professional
- I buy land with cash at a fair price
Why Work with Me?
I am a 3rd generation Arizona native who believes in education and sharing information. In fact, in addition to my Real Estate education, I have a Master’s degree in Secondary Education where I taught and coached at a local high school before transitioning full time into helping people with real estate.
My passion for working with probate properties comes from watching a family member go through the process and being completely overwhelmed. At the time I didn’t have the experience in real estate to help them very much, so I dedicated myself to becoming a specialist in the area with the goal of helping as many people as possible as they work their way through the probate process. Over the years I have been involved in 100’s of real estate transactions, both as the investor/buyer and as the Realtor.
Currently I am a principal owner, Broker and Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist with a boutique real estate company that has been serving the Valley since the early 1980’s and I have been part of since 2001. So, while I’d like to buy your land quickly and for cash, if that’s not right for you I’d be happy to partner up with you as an agent to try and get top dollar.
My team and I believe in helping all of our clients gain the knowledge to make solid, win-win real estate decisions. We pride ourselves in approaching every real estate transaction with the best interest of the property owner in mind.